Wickersham Construction and Engineering, Inc. is capable of self performing a great deal of our own heavy construction including multi-story structural concrete and large diameter piping unlike most general contractors, who use subcontractors to complete the majority of a construction project. Therefore, a culture of safety is essential in the work we perform.
Wickersham’s Safety program includes:
- We employ a full time safety manager.
- We attend bi-annual safety workshops.
- We participate in OSHA round tables.
- We conduct and document weekly unannounced inspections at every Jobsite.
- We conduct monthly safety committee meetings.
- We conduct full investigations on any near misses or accidents and implement immediate corrective actions.
- We provide safety training for all new hires
- We maintain detailed records on employee training which is available on-line.
- We maintain and renew employee training certifications.
- We are a founding member of ABC’s apprenticeship program and incentivize employee participation.
- All of our superintendents have received 30 Hour OSHA trainings.
- All our foremen have a minimum of 10 Hour OSHA training.
- We conduct weekly tool box trainings/talks.
- MSDS are available at every jobsite and on-line.
- We maintain a special focus on OSHA’s Top 10 Violations.
- Our EMR is consistently below 1.0.
- Our Incident Rate is better than the industry average in multiple disciplines.
- Our Days without a Lost Time Accident record is 439 days.
- Maintain independent safety certifications from IS Net World & Safety Management Inc.
- We have received ABC Safety and STEP Award.
- Maintain certification at high risk industrial plants.
- Proactive preventative safety culture